Excelsior College Cybersecurity Programs
Excelsior College offers five academic programs at the undergraduate or graduate levels in cybersecurity:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology in Cybersecurity Technology
- Undergraduate Certificate in Cybersecurity
- Master of Business Administration in Cybersecurity Management
- Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- Graduate Certificate in Cybersecurity Management
These five programs form a comprehensive unit through which professionals are provided with cutting edge techniques and technology that are required to secure and defend sensitive and critical information of an organization. Adopting an interdisciplinary approach in the design of these programs, the curriculum covers various subjects such as cyber attack and defense, digital analysis, computer forensics, security policies and strategies, risk analysis, ethical and legal issues, operational processes, cyber crime, and more.
About Cybersecurity Education at Excelsior College
The programs in cybersecurity offered at Excelsior College have been certified to meet all of the elements of the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) Standards for all six standards identified below, making Excelsior College part of an elite group of academic institutions certified by our government’s highest national security agency in offering educational programs in cybersecurity and information assurance.
- NSTISSI 4011 Information Systems Security (INFOSEC) Professionals
- NSTISSI 4012 Senior Systems Managers
- NSTISSI 4013 System Administrators (SA)
- NSTISSI 4014 Information Systems Security Officers
- NSTISSI 4015 Systems Certifiers
- NSTISSI 4016 Risk Analysts
Based on the CNSS course certifications, Excelsior College is currently pursuing the designation of Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education (CAE/IA) sponsored by the National Security Agency (NSA), Department of Defense (DoD), and Department of Homeland Security (DHS).