One of the many valuable supports provided by Excelsior College is their numerous scholarship offerings. Submitting applications for every scholarship available is a wise strategy for any student seeking to reduce their educational costs.
– Terry M Evans
Excelsior College Alum and NCI Fellow
AS 08, BS 09, MBA 12, MS – Cybersecurity 14
Excelsior College announces a new Pathway Scholarship program in Cybersecurity, a study with some of the best current employment opportunities and projected job growth. The scholarship program reflects the college’s commitment to provide flexible pathways to help adult students achieve their personal and professional goals.
The Cybersecurity Pathway Scholarship offers
- $1,500 across two terms for new students enrolling in the B.S. in Cybersecurity
- $1,500 across two terms for new students enrolling in the B.S. in Information Technology with a concentration in Cybersecurity
- $2,000 scholarship across two terms for new students enrolling in the S. in Cybersecurity
This scholarship could make all the difference when a student is thinking about starting on the pathway to a career in Cybersecurity.
MESSAGE FOR NEW INQUIRIES:
To be automatically considered for these scholarships, students must apply by July 22, 2016 and get started taking classes on August 22, 2016. To see if you are eligible for the scholarship call 888-647-2388 ext. 2 to speak with an admissions counselor or email email@example.com.
MESSAGE FOR UAOs (and PAs at the graduate level):
Must complete their application, file their FAFSA and start taking classes Aug 22nd. We will put this in as a macro in Salesforce for Counselors to communicate to their caseloads.
Recipient Eligibility Requirements
- Students must get started in their first course in the Fall I term starting on August 22, 2016.
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 in previous courses completed and minimum GPA of 2.0 to be maintained
- Students must be newly enrolled in one of the eligible programs. Scholarship is not available to students already enrolled in the degree programs listed above or transferring from a different degree program.
- Students must file their 2016-2017 FAFSA by June 30, 2016
- If students receive a third party source of tuition assistance (military, veteran, employer), eligibility requirements may vary.
Disbursement: Scholarship recipients will be awarded half of the valued scholarship toward their course in the Fall I trimester, beginning August 22. The remaining scholarship award will be available in the Spring I trimester. Options for paying the balance of the remaining tuition are available through payment plan options or use of Federal Student Aid.
NOTE 1: These are one-time scholarships subject to the availability of funds.
NOTE 2: Partial awards will be considered (e.g. if a military student will exhaust his or her benefits)
NOTE 3: The college will award Pathway Scholarships for Summer II if the required application materials are complete and course approval is met.
NOTE 4: School of Business and Technology will need to let academic advisors know about the Pathways scholarships and assign a point-person to alert Financial Aid when a scholarship student gets course approval for Fall I term (or for Summer II in cases where students have course approval to enroll in Summer II).