The Washington Network Group (WNG) hosted a panel of experts to discuss cybersecurity for small businesses. Our Chief Operating Officer, Dr. Jane LeClair, sat on the panel with a host of other experts including;
Panelists from right:
- TK Eppley – Vice President of Operations, Silent Circle
- Danyetta Fleming Magana – President/Founder, Covenant Security Solutions
- Vern Mosley – Federal Communications Commission, Senior Cybersecurity Engineer, Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau
- Nnake Nweke – Branch Chief, Federal Communications Commission, and Chairman of the WNG Technology Roundtable (moderator)
- Dr. Jane LeClair – Chief Operating Officer, National Cybersecurity Institute
- Andy Pendergast – Co-Founder and Product Director, Cyber Squared
- Sipa Sikaulu, Consultant, Cybersecurity Risk Management, Securely Yours LLC (Panel Lead)
The panel discussed cyber attacks and their impact on small businesses. Small businesses are often more vulnerable to data theft due to lack of information, resources, and strategic partners. More than ever before, small businesses heavily rely on the Internet to conduct day-to-day business activities. They utilize computers and information, financial records, personal files, contracts, invoices, payroll, employee data, and proprietary information. Small businesses need to trust that the information they store and transmit electronically is secure and protected against internal and external threats, data loss, downtime, or disaster, such as flood and fire.
The event was convened by the WNG Technology Roundtable, which supports leaders and innovators in the technology sectors.
If you are interested in how the National Cybersecurity Institute can help your small business email NCI@excelsior.edu or call (202) 601-1200