We are fast approaching the New Year so it is never too early to think about your resolutions for the upcoming year.
1. Put passwords on all my smart devices.
2. Use strong passwords with at least the 8/4 principle (8 characters: at least 1 upper case, 1 lower case, 1 number, 1 symbol).
3. Use a different password for each device.
4. Update my virus protection.
5. Solemnly swear not to open emails or click on links in emails from people I don’t know.
6. Reduce the amount of personal information I put on social media.
7. Promise never to let the world know on social media when I am going on vacation.
8. Backup my computer data…and test it…today.
9. Always ‘cover up’ when using passwords at ATM’s and checkouts.
10. Routinely check my bank statements for charges that are not mine.
We at NCI would like to wish you and your families a happy, healthy and safe 2015!