The National Cybersecurity Institute (NCI) is an academic, training, and research center located in Washington D.C. dedicated to assisting government, industry, military, and academic sectors meet the challenges in cybersecurity policy, technology and education.
The NCI is shaping a coordinated effort to build the cybersecurity workforce and influence an informed leadership base that implements cutting-edge cybersecurity policy. The NCI will target the development of effective cybersecurity practice in specific sectors, including health care, finance, utilities/energy, telecommunications, and education/training.
The National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security designated Excelsior College as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education, a recognition which extends through 2019. NCI will target the development of effective cybersecurity practice and increase knowledge of cybersecurity to help meet workforce demands with analysis of specific sectors.
- Support research and publications conducted by leading cybersecurity experts
- Conduct workshops to educate stakeholders on important dimensions of cybersecurity
- Present webinars to widely disseminate cutting edge policy and research
- Offer open houses that will invite potential students to explore the field of cybersecurity
- Author materials, including articles, books, and blog that will place the NCI at the center of the cybersecurity conversation
- Host industry leaders as NCI Fellows, providing space, resources, and a contemplative atmosphere