The National Cybersecurity Institute (NCI) is an academic and research center located in Washington D.C. dedicated to assisting government, industry, military, and academic sectors meet the challenges in cyber security policy, technology and education.
The NCI is shaping a coordinated effort to build the cyber security workforce and influence an informed leadership base that implements cutting-edge cyber security policy. The NCI will target the development of effective cyber security practice in specific sectors, including health care, finance, utilities/energy, telecommunications, and education/training.
Excelsior College Cybersecurity Programs are certified to meet the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) Training Standards. NCI will target the development of effective cyber security practice and increase knowledge of cyber security to help meet workforce demands with analysis of specific sectors.
- Support research and publications conducted by leading cyber security experts
- Conduct workshops to educate stakeholders on important dimensions of cyber security
- Present webinars to widely disseminate cutting edge policy and research
- Offer open houses that will invite potential students to explore the field of cyber security
- Author materials, including articles, books, and blog that will place the NCI at the center of the cyber security conversation
- Host industry leaders as NCI Fellows, providing space, resources, and a contemplative atmosphere