Pete O’Dell is a business and technology consultant who has been involved with information technology and business for over 25 years, working for large organizations such as Digital Equipment Corporation and Microsoft as well as being involved in multiple startup efforts, including Swan Island Networks and Online Interactive.
He has been president of a high-growth software company, chief information officer of several large corporations, and chief operating officer for multiple startups. Pete has had extensive interaction with the U.S. government in the areas of homeland security, critical infrastructure, information sharing, real-time situational awareness, and law enforcement.
O’Dell holds an MBA and a Bachelor’s degree in Business-Information Systems and Production Management.
Areas of interest include: strategic planning, rapid technology deployment, interoperable data, homeland security, high growth management, software design and development, emergency management, venture capital management, professional services, in addition to manufacturing and change management.
O’Dell is the author of Cyber 24-7: Risks, Leadership and Sharing and Silver Bullets: How Interoperable Data Will Revolutionize Information Sharing.
View NCI blog posts by Pete O’Dell
- Handle Sensitive Information Differently
- Who is Behind Your Firewall?
- Understanding Privileged Account Usage
- Mobilizing Non-IT Organizational Resources for Cyber Incident Response
- Cyber Information Sharing is Hard But Worth It
- Cyber Threat is Not a Normal Risk
- Cyber-Intelligence Gathering Can Stave Off Attacks
- Building Cyber Resilience
- Outside Validation of Cyber Plans is Vital
- Buying a Ferrari Does Not Make You a Race Car Driver!